Common Stress Management Tips
1. Utilize a good emotional support system
2. Exercise regularly. Activities, which are aerobic in nature, are best for reducing stress.
3. Getting adequate sleep. It is recommended that the average person get between 6-9 hours of sleep per night.
4. Establish and maintain a healthy nutrition. Healthy Nutrition tips include; eat foods that are low in fat and high in fruits and vegetables; cut back on caffeine and sugar; drink plenty of water; avoid skipping meals whenever possible, especially breakfast.
5. Take time to relax and/or meditate
6. Utilize positive self-talk (example: affirmation: I am relaxed). Write one that fits you.
7. Journaling thoughts and feelings
8. Reward yourself
9. Practice assertiveness, especially when it comes to asking for help or saying “NO”
10. Look for reasons to laugh or smile