Ways to Avoid Conflicts:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Show that you are interested.
- Make eye contact with the other person in a way they seem comfortable with.
- Repeat what was said in your own words.
- Ask if that was meant.
- Remain patient.
- If the other person is having a hard time communicating, encourage them by asking them to repeat with a phrase, like, “Help me, I am having a hard time understanding….”
- Assume you have something to learn from everybody you come into contact with.
- Do something else when someone is speaking to you.
- Guess, make assumptions, or jump to conclusions.
- Give advice, unless the person asks for it.
- Rehearse your answer mentally, while the other person is still talking.
- Tune someone out, just because you think you are not going to agree with them. Professional Toolbox Consultants