One of the primary keys to establishing and maintaining good health is effective stress management. Stress is a constant and integral part of life. However, poorly managed stress can lead to negative physical, emotional and/or psychological consequences.
Physically, unrelieved can have a severe impact on your immune system. Other physical ailments that are commonly associated with being “stressed out” include but are not limited to:
· stomach and digestive difficulties
· high blood pressure and other cardio vascular problems
· muscle/body aches
Difficulties managing stress is also associated with symptoms of depression and anxiety. These symptoms significantly diminish one’s ability to thrive either personally or professionally.
The good news is that effectively managing stress is not difficult to do. The key is to make a conscience effort each day to engage in activities that promote healthy living. Here are some tips for creating a healthy lifestyle:
· Establish and utilize a good support system
· Exercise on a regular basis (Find time every day to move more & stretch)
· Increase you intake of fruit and vegetables
· Decrease your consumption of foods containing high levels of fat, sugar and caffeine.
· Increase your daily intake of water
· Take time to journal your thoughts and feelings
· Avoid becoming overwhelmed by improving your assertiveness skills especially in regards to asking for help and learning how to respectfully say “No”.
· Improve your communication and other relationship building skills.
· Look for reasons to laugh and smile.
Effective stress management and healthy living is really about taking the time to take care of yourself. Avoid adding to your stress by working too hard to be healthy. Small behavior changes on a daily basis will lead to big benefits over time. If you need additional help with managing your stress call Professional Toolbox Consultants at (954) 741-1099.