There are many communication skills that assist all of us in communicating assertively. One of these skills is Limit Setting.
Limit setting is:
Defining the parameters of a job, relationship, or situation, so that each person knows what to expect from one another.
Benefits of LIMIT SETTING:
· Allows you to clarify expectations
· Helps to avoid misunderstandings
· Helps to prevent unnecessary conflicts
Guidelines for using LIMIT-SETTING:
1. Communicate assertively by letting others know what you will or will not do regarding a job, task, responsibility, or relationship
2. Clarify responsibilities, establish agreements, and set specific dates, times, and expectations for how a task is to be completed.
Check in for more tools and skills. PTC