Self-Esteem- An individual’s sense of his or her value or worth. The extent to which an individual appreciates, prizes, or likes himself or herself.
Having a healthy sense of self allows one to enjoy a greater quality of life. A healthy self-esteem allows a person to take measured risks, which allows them the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
What is High Self- Esteem?
It is a very important aspect of your life. If you have a high level, you will be confident, happy and sure of yourself. You would be highly motivated and have the right attitude to succeed.
Self- esteem is therefore crucial to you and is a cornerstone of a positive attitude towards living.
Tips for improving self-esteem:
- Use visualization to achieve your dreams and increase your self- esteem!
- Develop and work at achieving your goals. If you do this, your confidence will increase and you will feel positive.
- Be aware of and make a conscience effort to change negative/self sabotaging self-talk.
- Identify and embrace your feelings; even those you do not like.
- Be aware of how you compare yourself to others.
- Clarify your values and make decisions that are in alignment with these values.
- Identify your strengths.
- Focus on your strength.
- Make a point to learn something new everyday.
- Make an effort to start your day on a positive note.
Make a list of accomplishments and put them in a file labeled successes.
- Learn to reframe perceived failures and don’t be afraid to “fail” in the future.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and generally take good care of yourself.
- Cultivate a social life and associate with people who help promote your overall well-being.
- Utilize positive affirmations and/or meditations on a daily basis.
- Practice gratitude.
- Congratulate yourself as often as possible. PTC